How to prepare for an Employer Fair
Find out which employers will be attending the fair and look at their websites to see what they offer. You’ll make a better impression if you know something about them already.
Dress to impress and be polite, enthusiastic and motivated about the companies you meet. First impressions count.
Think about questions to ask
- What is the culture of the organisation like?
- What experience is required to apply for the role and do they offer any work experience opportunities?
- What is the day to day role like?
- What do new graduates (or placement students, if more relevant) actually do?
- What do they enjoy about working for their company?
- What do they feel is a quality that their organisation values most in its staff?
Your skills and qualities
By preparing or reviewing your own CV you’ll have the opportunity to think about the skills you have gained whilst studying for your degree as well as skills you've gained through part-time jobs, work experience or volunteering. Even travelling on a gap year requires a lot of organisational skills. Make sure you have real-life examples of how you have gained or used these skills to back up your statements.