How to apply for a study abroad opportunity
Opportunities to study abroad as part of your UWE degree are often competitive. The application process aims to match the students who are best prepared for, and will benefit from the experience.
Applying for a study abroad opportunity through Erasmus+ or other study abroad programmes
The following information is for UWE students applying for a study abroad opportunity as part of their UWE programme of study through Erasmus+ or other study abroad programmes. View all options by course.
Before you apply
- Find available options by course for your UWE Bristol programme of study.
- Talk to your Programme Leader and Tutors and attend talks or information sessions relating to exchanges in your subject area. You could also contact students who’ve previously studied abroad or been to destinations you’re considering.
- Research the range of funding opportunities available for study abroad.
- Research the institutions you are thinking of applying to, and understand how study would be different, what you would gain from the experience, and what challenges you would face.
- Consider alternative options as backup if your first choices are not available.
Apply for Erasmus+ and other study abroad opportunities
Application forms are now open for study abroad programmes starting in September 2017 for both the full 2017-18 academic year and semester one study. Applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com by midday on Friday 27 January 2017:
Applications for students from the School of Art and Design and School of Film and Journalism are now closed for those who were eligible to apply for study abroad opportunities starting in January 2017.
If you have any questions regarding study abroad opportunities please contact us.
Applications are considered by academic staff from your programme. They may request further information, a portfolio of your work, or an in-person interview.
If successful, you will be officially nominated to the partner institution.
After you have been nominated
After you have been officially nominated to the partner institution, you will need to:
- apply to the university where you will be
studying - this will be by following their online
procedures or by written invitation. You may need the following
when completing your application:
- UWE EUC number: 28634
- UWE Erasmus code: UK BRISTOL02
- apply for university accommodation at the host institution
- attend UWE pre-departure briefings in Bristol
- ensure you have the correct immunisations for your trip and find out if you need to make arrangements for health insurance (where it is required)
- complete and return any documentation required by UWE Bristol or your host institution
- complete any necessary visa applications.