Facilities in Engineering
Study and develop professional engineering skills using our outstanding facilities.
- Create and test structures or concepts in our manufacturing workshops, wind tunnels and robotics laboratories.
- Experience virtual flight and test your engineering models in a sophisticated flight simulator.
- Develop prototypes using robotic assembly cells, power distribution systems and motor drives, as well as subsonic and supersonic wind tunnels.
- Make circuit boards, leads and connectors in fabrication facilities with electronic test equipment, monitors and scopes.
- Study control systems and telecommunications in specialist labs.
- Test designs on our state-of-the-art driving simulator that utilises a Formula 1 monocoque and a wrap-around screen. This can be programmed to test concepts on any car type and test-drive these on a range of terrains.
- Test fuelling and ignition systems on our dedicated motorcycle rolling road.
- Study in large well-equipped computing laboratories, computer rooms and computer-aided design (CAD) suites.