Support for care leavers
We want you to settle in and succeed in your studies. As a care leaver, we will provide you with a package of support, including a named contact who can give you personalised advice.
What support does UWE Bristol offer Care Leavers?
- A £3,000 bursary for students starting in 2016.
- A named contact to help you settle in and give you advice when you need it.
- Priority allocation to UWE Bristol accommodation for the whole of your course, including the holidays.
- We will pay your accommodation deposit.
- You will have access to PAL (Peer Assisted Learning) to help you develop study skills.
- We will help you apply for student finance and give you expert money advice.
- Throughout your course, you will get academic advice.
- You will have the chance to socialise with other care leavers and become a Student Ambassador.
- If needed, we will pay for your specific learning difficulties tests and you will have a dedicated Disability Adviser.
*You may need to move rooms or flats over the summer.
If you are a care leaver and are thinking about applying to UWE Bristol, please email our dedicated adviser Annabel Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)117 32 85678. Alternatively, you can come to an Open Day and talk to us.
Confidentiality and disclosure
You are the owner of all the information about your background. This means that any information you share with us is only shared within UWE Bristol. When filling in the UCAS application form, we advise you to tick the ‘time spent in care’ box so we can provide you with support at the earliest opportunity. It could make all the difference.
Useful links for Care Leavers
The below links provide information and support for Care Leavers thinking about going to university: