The interior of a kitchen within student accommodation

Repairs request

Emergency repairs

If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the free Gas Emergency Services emergency line National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999.

In addition, please:

  • Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property
  • Do not turn on/off any electrical switches
  • Extinguish all naked flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition/sparks
  • If there are any electrical security entry phones/locks, please open door manually.

During office hours (09:30–16:30 Monday to Thursday, 09:30–16:00 on a Friday)

Emergency repairs should be reported by telephone on +44 (0)117 32 83601 or in person to your nearest Accommodation Reception.

Do not report emergency repairs via email or the Accommodation enquiries web page.

Outside office hours

Frenchay Student Village/Carroll Court/Wallscourt Park: Emergency repairs should be reported in person to the Courtyard Receptionist. If you are unable to contact a receptionist, telephone the University emergency number +44(0)117 965 6775.

Glenside/The Hollies: All emergency repairs should be reported to your warden in person or by telephone. If you are unable to contact your warden, telephone the University emergency number +44(0)117 965 6775.

City centre: Contact your reception directly.

Non-emergency repairs or pest control

You can complete a Repairs Request Form (which includes pest control) online. Your repair/pest control request will then be dealt with when our office is next open: 09:30–16:30 Monday to Thursday, and 09:30–16:00 on a Friday.

Students living in the city centre should refer to your residents' guide. Alternatively, during office hours you can:

  • Telephone and speak to one of our Customer Relations Assistants on +44 (0)117 32 83601. 
  • Report the repair in person to your nearest Accommodation Services reception.

General information regarding reporting repairs

If you are planning to phone in your repair request, please be ready with as much information as possible about the problem – what needs repairing, what is wrong with it and where is it located?

To arrange access quickly and conveniently, we will also need your contact details - your name, student ID, accommodation address, a telephone number and email address.

To find out how quickly we will arrange for the work to be done see our service targets which can be found in the following places:

  • Frenchay Student Village/Carroll Court: On the reception notice board
  • Wallscourt Park: On the reception notice board
  • Hollies: On the block notice board
  • Glenside: In the foyer outside Office 1H29 opposite Traders 

Alternatively we can send you a copy on request.

Accommodation documents

Useful information on housing which includes a Residents' handbook covering facilities, maintenance and other services and support. View accommodation documents.

Find out more about accommodation at UWE Bristol

Back to top