If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the free Gas Emergency Services emergency line TRANSCO immediately on 0800 111 999.
In addition please:
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property.
- Do not turn on/off any naked electrical switches.
- Extinguish all naked flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition.
- If there are any electrical security entry phones/locks, please open door manually.
During office hours (09:00 - 16:30 Monday to Thursday, 16:00 on a Friday)
Emergency repairs should be reported by telephone on 0117 328 3601 or in person to your nearest Accommodation Services Reception. Do not report emergency repairs via the website or by e-mail.
Outside office hours
Frenchay Student Village: Emergency repairs should be reported in person to your Courtyard Receptionist. If you are unable to contact your receptionist, telephone the University emergency number 0117 965 6775.
Accommodation sites with a warden: All emergency repairs should be reported to your warden in person or by telephone. If you are unable to contact your warden, telephone the University emergency number 0117 965 6775.
University Managed Houses: Telephone the
University emergency number
0117 965 6775.
You can report your repair request online. Your repair request will then be dealt with when our office is next open - 09:00 - 16:30 Monday to Thursday, 16:00 on a Friday.
Alternatively, during office hours you can:
- telephone and speak to one of our Customer Relations Assistants
- report the repair in person to your nearest Accommodation Services reception
General information regarding reporting repairs
If you are planning to phone in your repair, please be ready with as much information as possible about the problem - what needs repairing, what is wrong with it and where is it located?
To arrange access quickly and conveniently, we will also need your contact details - your name, accommodation address, a telephone number and e-mail address.
To find out how quickly we will arrange for the work to be done see our service targets which can be found in the following places:
- Frenchay Student Village: On the reception notice board.
- Hollies and St Matthias: On the block notice board.
- Glenside: In the foyer outside the Accommodation Office 1H29.
Alternatively we can send you a copy on request.