Login to UWE

Transferring or leaving UWE accommodation

Whether you are looking to transfer to different UWE accommodation or move out entirely, we will do all we can to support you during this time.

Transferring properties or rooms

It is important that you allow yourself time to properly adjust to university life and settle in to your accommodation. However, if you do feel unhappy, please speak to your Accommodation Manager, who will do the best they can to resolve your problems.

It is essential that you contact your Accommodation Manager in the first instance for all issues within Accommodation. If you feel that a room transfer is the best option for you, contact us to be added to the room transfer list. We will e-mail or phone you when a suitable room becomes available.

If you request more than one transfer during an academic year, an administration charge to cover the costs of the move will be made for a second or subsequent transfer.

Withdrawing from the University

If you have decided to leave the University and withdraw from your course, you are required to inform us immediately in writing. You can either download and complete the Accommodation Notice letter, or collect a hard copy from the main Information Point (1D11) on Frenchay Campus, or any Accommodation Reception.

You must make sure that you have informed your faculty or department of your decision to leave UWE , as confirmation will be required in order to process your Notice Letter.

The conditions for being released from your licence are contained in Section 8 of our Terms and conditions.

If you would like further advice, please contact Accommodation Services:

Once your release date has been confirmed, before or on that date, you must:

  • return your keys
  • leave the property in a good and clean state of repair
  • have paid any accommodation fees due to the University

If another student (not currently resident in UWE Accommodation) can be found to take your room prior to expiry of your notice period, we will release you from your licence obligations from the date that the replacement student signs a licence.

Leaving University accommodation to move home or into privately rented accommodation

If you wish to leave your accommodation, but are intending to continue to be a registered student of the University, you will only be released from your licence if a suitable replacement student (i.e. one who is not currently in University managed accommodation, and who is the same gender can be found). You will have to pay for your University Accommodation until a replacement student signs a licence accepting liability for your room.

If you are considering this option we strongly recommend that you visit Accommodation Services to discuss this matter in more detail prior to signing any other agreement with another landlord. The Students' Union are also able to offer you advice.

Page last updated 18 March 2015

Copyright 2015 © UWE better together