Quarry Way, Bristol, BS16 1FU
The Hollies accommodation is located
opposite to Glenside Campus and
is a short walk from Fishponds high street –
which has plenty of local independent shops, bars and
It puts students within walking distance of lectures, libraries, computer rooms and The Students' Union at UWE. Students also have access to excellent sports facilities at UWE Bristol's Centre for Sport, which is located on Frenchay Campus next to the Student Village.
Due to its location, The Hollies benefits from a more relaxed and leisurely atmosphere. Its proximity to local amenities, Glenside and Frenchay campuses make it the perfect choice for students to study in any of those locations.
The Hollies has a limited number of parking spaces, allowing those planning to do site visits, placements or temporary work requiring car travel. A parking permit needs to be purchased from Accommodation Services and these spaces are issued strictly on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Hollies accommodation features
- each study bedroom has a single bed, wardrobe, desk and chair, bookshelves, bedside cabinet, desk lamp and mirror. The rooms are fully furnished with carpets and curtains
- shared shower room which comprises a shower cubicle (two shower rooms for six or more students), hand basin and toilet. An additional toilet and hand basin is also provided in flats with one shower room
- kitchens are equipped with a cooker, microwave, kettle, fridge/freezer, waste bin, storage cupboards and ironing board. Two cookers are provided in flats of seven or more students
- dining area benefits from a designated table with dining stools
- heating is provided by wall-mounted electric convection heaters with thermostatic timer controls.
The Hollies overview
|No. of single study bedrooms||171 standard rooms
6 en-suite rooms
2 studio rooms
|Annual rent 42 weeks (17/18)||£4,148.34–£4,551.96 (standard rooms)
£4,921.56 (en-suite rooms, reserved for those with diagnosed medical conditions)
£6,638.52 (studio rooms)
|Internet access||Yes – StudentCom|
|TV point||Yes in study bedroom and communal area - TV licensing information|
|Parking||Yes – limited (permit purchase required)|
|Smoking||No – smoking is not permitted in any accommodation|
|Gym membership||Optional – Centre for Sport|
|Insurance||Yes – Cover4Students|
How to find us
See a detailed map of Glenside Campus.
Accommodation frequently asked questions
If you have any further questions please read our accommodation FAQs.