UWE Bristol students have the opportunity to experience independent living within a supportive environment. For many it will be their first chance to live away from home. UWE Bristol has many support services and resources available to help them settle into a new way of living.
We strongly recommend that students visit UWE Bristol prior to making their accommodation application. At our Open Days they can find out about our courses, facilities, finance and they will have the opportunity to visit some of our accommodation.
What can we offer for your peace of mind?
- Experienced accommodation staff
- Affiliation with the Universities UK (UUK) Code of Practice for the management of student housing
- e-listening - see it, report it service for all students (anonymous reporting system for unlawful activities)
- Health and wellbeing support
- On-site doctors' surgery.
Have your son or daughter done the following:
- researched the UWE Bristol accommodation options
- attended a UWE Bristol Open Day
- narrow down the accommodation choices to six properties
- explored applying for UWE Bristol accommodation which includes the accommodation guarantee
- submitted an online accommodation application form (from March)
- familiarised themselves with the Accommodation Terms and conditions
- accepted the offer and paid £250 advanced rent payment
- taken time to read the Residents' guide
- checked their emails for essential moving in information.
What can you do to support your son or daughter?
- Encourage your son or daughter to become more independent as September approaches
- Suggest they call us directly if they have any questions
- Make sure you son or daughter can use a washing machine, budget for a weekly shop and cook a few simple dishes
- Be patient – you may not hear from them as often as you would like.
Our relationship with parents, guardians and other third parties
We are unable to give any information about a student either applying for a place at University or a student currently studying at the university, to a third party, without that student’s express permission. This includes parents, guardians, spouses, siblings, guarantors. This is because UK law (the 1998 Data Protection Act) and Accommodation Services policy prohibit the disclosure of an individual’s information.
If a student would like us to discuss details of their accommodation, including finances and adherence to terms and conditions they we will need to complete a third party sharing form. Please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a data sharing agreement.
In exceptional circumstances, when we are concerned that there is a serious risk to self or others, University staff will contact an emergency contact or next of kin (without the student's permission) only if medical or wellbeing personnel advise that it is required.
Helpful information like our accommodation guide, which offers support with choosing accommodation. We also have a summary of UWE Bristol property rents and facilities. View accommodation documents.