Making your choice
When making your accommodation choice, think about the type of living experience you would like, your budget and your individual needs.
- Close to your lectures, library and computer labs
- Close to University support facilities
- No car parking permits issued for Frenchay Campus if you are in UWE Bristol accommodation
- Close to the Students' Union.
- Increased opportunity for part-time work
- Close to a vibrant diverse environment
- A wide choice of social venues nearby
- No car parking including parking at the UWE Frenchay or City Centre campus.
- Close to public transport links.
View our accommodation films for more information about living in student accommodation.
- Costs of different accommodation options vary depending on the facilities offered, so think carefully about what you will be able to afford.
- Please see accommodation costs for a detailed breakdown of what you need to budget for whilst living in the accommodation.
To compare prices and features included in the rents, please see our UWE Bristol property summary (67.6KB).
UWE Bristol accommodation guarantee
There are many things to consider before making your application. It is important not to rush this decision but please be aware that demand for some properties is very high. We allocated on a first come first served process. This means that early applicants are more likely to be allocated their preferred choice. Please also remember to meet the application deadline of 8 June.
If you live locally or within a commutable distance you may wish to consider living at home, especially if your course contact time is only over a day or two. The benefits may include: a reduction in living costs, keeping any existing part-time work and being in a supportive familiar environment.
Please note that if you choose University accommodation and then decide to move home, you will be held financially liable for the full length of your contract unless a suitable student is found to take over your contract who is not living in UWE Bristol accommodation.
If you decide to stay at home in the first instance but then wish to move into University accommodation at a later date, it is very likely that from the beginning of October we will have spaces to offer. Postgraduate students
As a postgraduate student you are likely to have very different accommodation needs to an undergraduate student. There are many UWE Bristol accommodation options to choose from, although most postgraduates prefer to live with other mature students in private accommodation where the environment is generally quieter.
Postgraduate students apply in exactly the same way as undergraduate students. Find out more about applying for accommodation.
Couples and families
As accommodation allocated by the University consists of single study bedrooms, it is unfortunately not suitable for couples and families.
Helpful information like our accommodation guide, which will support you with choosing your accommodation. We also have a summary of UWE Bristol property rents and facilities. View accommodation documents.