Subject to the conditions below, we will guarantee to offer University-approved accommodation to all full-time applicants registering for the first time.
We guarantee University-approved accommodation for all full-time students studying at UWE Bristol for the first time who submit an accommodation application by the deadline of 8 June (see below if you miss this deadline). Accommodation is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and it is essential that you apply early to secure your preferred accommodation. Applications open from the end of March onwards, with campus accommodation one of the most popular choices.
Conditions of guarantee
Accommodation will be guaranteed provided that the applicant:
- is registering at UWE Bristol for the first time
- accepts an offer of a place at UWE Bristol as their first choice
- applies for accommodation by 8 June
- requires the accommodation for a full letting period for single occupancy
- accepts the offer within five days of its issue
- pays the deposit requested upon acceptance of offer within the five-day period.
Applications for University accommodation are generally processed in the order that they are received, and an early application may help an applicant to secure their preferred accommodation. However, an allocation to the preferred choice(s) cannot be guaranteed.
UWE Bristol reserves the right to withdraw an offer of accommodation if the applicant fails to meet admission requirements, or if a programme is withdrawn.
We will seek to accommodate students in a location convenient to the relevant campus of study. We have absolute discretion to make the final decision about which accommodation should be offered to individual students.
Please ensure you have provided an up-to-date email address through UCAS – we will send all correspondence to this email address. Please do not use your school/college email address or that of an agent, as you may not have access to it in August/September.
Application process and timeline
- Application: An online application is made for accommodation from mid to late March.
- Allocation: Accommodation Services will allocate a room to you towards the end of April/beginning of May.
- Offer: An offer for accommodation will be emailed to you from April onwards.
- Accepting and securing an offer: You must accept your offer within five days of the offer being made. A deposit of £250 is payable at this point.
- Useful information: During July and August, we will email you useful moving in information and details of what to do next.
- Contract starts: You can move in from September (check your offer for the precise date) .
If you accept an offer of accommodation and for some reason you no longer require it, providing you advise us before the end of August and you do not collect your keys, we can fully refund the £250 deposit.
Students with partners and families
The University is not able to provide accommodation for students' partners, their families or other dependants, or for students at associated institutions.
Please see our Private accommodation pages for helpful information and advice on renting privately in Bristol.
Helpful information like our accommodation guide, which will support you with applying for your accommodation. We also have a summary of UWE Bristol property rents and facilities. View accommodation documents.