Students studying in a cafe


The following information applies to all awards, except for NHS Student Bursary-funded programmes based at Glenside Campus.

Separate information for NHS Student Bursary-funded programmes is available at the bottom of this page.

It may be possible for you to transfer to a new programme, or change from full time to part time. However, any transfer will be subject to academic approval and availability of places.

You can request to transfer within the same academic year up to 14 calendar days after the start of the teaching period, for example:

Programme start date Internal transfer deadline
25 September 2017 08 October 2017
22 January 2018 04 February 2018

You can still submit a transfer request after these deadlines. If approved, it will not take effect until the next academic year.

If your programme does not start in September or January you should contact an Information Point to find out what the deadline will be.

You must contact your funding body to check your financial support entitlement for your new programme. If your transfer increases the number of years it will take to complete your programme, you may be without fee support for one of your years of study. Please read the transferring awards information.

How to transfer

Please choose the appropriate Infohub form for the level of study that you want to change to:

We will normally process your transfer request within a maximum of 12 working days. If you have not heard back in this time please contact an Information Point.

Students at UK partner colleges

You should follow the same process if you are a student based at one of our UK partner colleges. You can also seek guidance from staff based at your college.

NHS Student Bursary-funded programmes at Glenside Campus or Gloucester Campus 

If you wish to transfer to another NHS Student Bursary-funded programme you will need to contact the Programme Leader for the new award to ensure places are available.

Complete an internal transfer form (NHS) and submit it to your campus Information Point.

International students

If you are an international student, you should be aware that making a change to your course may have implications on your immigration status and the completion of your studies. Please contact the Immigration and Student Visa Support Service if you would like to discuss any issues.

Back to top