UWE Bristol is committed to promoting excellent research which observes the highest possible standards of integrity. Research governance is the framing within which we manage research to ensure research integrity is achieved.
This framing includes principles, legal and regulatory provisions, standards of good practice, policies, guidance, systems, management and supervision.
UWE Bristol Code of Good Research Conduct
UWE Bristol embraces and will meet the requirements of the Concordat to Support Research Integrity (Universities UK, 2012). To support this policy, the University has set in place a Code of Good Research Conduct.
In line with the Concordat to Support Research Integrity UWE Bristol has set in place specific procedures for dealing with allegations of research misconduct. If you want to find out more you can download UWE Bristol's:
Research Governance Team
The Research Governance Team provides support and advice for all researchers on research governance and good research practice at UWE Bristol.
We also provide governance advice and support for more specialist areas such as researching with children or vulnerable groups, human tissue research or working with statutory organisations such as the NHS.
The governance team can also signpost researchers to further specialist advice available within UWE Bristol, such as:
- collaboration agreements for research projects,
- obtaining ethics approvals,
- completing research risk assessments,
- compliance with data protection legislation or understanding insurances for research projects.
- Ros Rouse - Research Governance Manager, Research, Business and Innovation
- Emma Youde - Research Governance Officer, Research, Business and Innovation
For general enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.