Studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School
Learn more about studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School below.
How studentships work
A studentship will usually cover tuition fees for three years as well as pay the student a stipend for three years, paid monthly. The project area and sometimes the project itself will already be decided and you will need to submit your application by the set deadline.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview and following the interview, the successful candidate(s) will be awarded the studentship.
The Graduate School is delighted to announce the availability of PhD studentships in the following faculties, which will be awarded to high-calibre graduates in the areas of research excellence detailed.
Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education
Funded PhD Opportunities in Digital Design, Digital Media and Digital Arts Closing Monday 4 June 2018
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
Centre for Appearance Research (CAR) PhD studentships Closing Friday 15 June 2018
Faculty of Business and Law
There are no current opportunities in this faculty.
Faculty of Environment and Technology
Digital Audio Synthesis and Control using GPUs Closing 6th June 2018
If there are no suitable studentships in your research area you have the opportunity to put forward your own research proposal on a self-funding basis. This includes if you are being sponsored by an organisation external to UWE Bristol such as your employer.
For further information and how to apply, please see research degrees at UWE Bristol.
Recently closed opportunities in all faculties
- Heritage in the cross-fire; ballistic-impact driven stone deterioration Closing 25 April 2018
- Robot-assisted brachytherapy Closed 16 April 2018
- HP Inc. UK LTD funded PhD Scholarship Bursary at the Bristol Robotics Laboratory (BRL) in 3D Object Identification and Inspection Closed 28 March 2018
- One Shot Printed Multi-Digit Manipulator Closed 28 March 2018
- Funded 3D3 PhD Opportunities in Digital Design, Digital Media and Digital Arts Closed 12 March 2018
- Digital Transformations: The History and Future of Gallery Education in the Context of Participatory Media Closed 12 March 2018
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Sustainable Futures pathwayClosed 30 January 2018
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Health and Wellbeing pathway Closed 30 January 2018
- AHRC PhD Studentships within the 3D3 Centre for Doctoral Training Closed 1 September 2017
- Developing an intervention for primary school-aged children to increase acceptance of diversity of appearance Closed 25 July 2017