Studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School
Learn more about studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School below.
How studentships work
A studentship will usually cover tuition fees for three years as well as pay the student a stipend for three years, paid monthly. The project area and sometimes the project itself will already be decided and you will need to submit your application by the set deadline.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview and following the interview, the successful candidate(s) will be awarded the studentship.
The Graduate School is delighted to announce the availability of PhD studentships in the following faculties, which will be awarded to high calibre graduates in the areas of research excellence detailed.
Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education
Funded 3D3 PhD Opportunities in Digital Design, Digital Media and Digital Arts Closing 12 March 2018
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Health and Wellbeing pathway Closing 30 January 2018
Faculty of Business and Law
There are no current opportunities in this faculty.
Faculty of Environment and Technology
South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Sustainable Futures pathway Closing 30 January 2018
Robot-assisted brachytherapy Closing 28 February 2018
Object Identification and Authentication using Microscopic Forensic Signatures Closing 9 February 2018
One Shot Printed Multi-Digit Manipulator Closing 9 February 2018
Heritage in the cross-fire; ballistic-impact driven stone deterioration Closing 25 February 2018
If there are no suitable studentships in your research area you have the opportunity to put forward your own research proposal on a self-funding basis. This includes if you are being sponsored by an organisation external to UWE Bristol such as your employer.
For further information and how to apply, please see research degrees at UWE Bristol.
Recently closed opportunities in all faculties
- AHRC PhD Studentships within the 3D3 Centre for Doctoral Training Closed 1 September 2017
- Developing an intervention for primary school-aged children to increase acceptance of diversity of appearance Closed 25 July 2017
- Body Image, Appearance and Physical Activity after Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer Closed 25 June 2017
- Harnessing and Supporting Community Businesses Studentship Closed 16/06/2017
- ESRC SWDTP Health and Wellbeing Studentship Closed 01/06/2017
- ESRC SWDTP Sustainable Futures Studentship Closed 01/06/2017
- Doctoral Training Alliance Studentships in Applied Biosciences for Health Closed 22/05/2017
- Development of novel technology (bio-sensors) for the rapid analysis of fatty acid composition in meat from pig and cattle Closed 28/04/2017
- Metagenomic Studies of the Microbiota of Fermented Cacao Beans – Application for the Chocolate Industry Studentship Closed 27/02/2017
- Exploring healthcare professional and patient therapeutic interactions in Complex Regional Pain SyndromeClosed 27/02/2017
- 3D3 Digital Design, Digital Media and Digital Arts Studentships Closed 20/02/2017
- Impact of Large Carnivore recolonisation on ecological function in Northern Greece Studentship Closed 06/02/2017
- Application of Environmental DNA (eDNA) Techniques for the Determination of Important Fish Species Distributions Studentship Closed 06/02/2017
- Technology Enhanced Community Rehabilitation and Reablement Services for Health and Wellbeing Studentship Closed 06/02/2017
- Remote Physiological Monitoring, Autonomous Vehicles and Wellbeing Studentship Closed 30/01/2017