Recall and reserve items
How do I recall and reserve an item?
- Use the library search to find the required item.
- Click on the item to get the check availability screen.
- Click the Recall and reserve the next available copy link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- The item will be returned within 7 days and reserved for you.
Why can't I recall an item?
The system will not allow you to recall items in the following cases:
- You have outstanding fines or overdue items.
- There are other copies available on the shelves.
- You are exceeding your maximum 25 reservations.
How can I check the progress of my reserved item?
Log in to your library account to view your reservations.
What happens when the reserved item arrives?
Staff and students will be notified by UWE Bristol email when the item is available for collection at your campus library. All other library members (LibrariesWest, SCONUL, and external) will receive email notifications to the email address that you have given us.
How do I collect the reserved item?
- At Frenchay, you can pick up reserved items from the Reservation Area on Level 3 (next to the laptop lockers) and issue them yourself.
- At Glenside you can collect reserved items from the shelves next to the help/service desk and issue them yourself.
- At Bower Ashton and Alexandra Warehouse campus libraries, please ask for the reserved item at the help desk.
How long will the reserved item be kept?
Items will be held for 7 days.
If you are unable to pick up your item within the specified period then please contact the campus you intend to pick the item up from.
Get journal articles photocopied and sent to you
Journals cannot usually be loaned or transferred between libraries. However, it is possible to request photocopies of journal articles.