Wi-fi at UWE
Which Wi-fi network to use?
|Who are you?||WiFi network to use||Where is it available?|
|UWE Student||eduroam||Throughout UWE|
|UWE Student in residence||Studentcom||UWE Student accommodation|
|Staff with a Standard UWE ITS supplied laptop or tablet||UWE-Authorised||Throughout UWE|
|Staff with a personal or non-standard UWE ITS supplied device, e.g. laptop, phone||eduroam||Throughout UWE|
|Visitor from eduroam participating institutions||eduroam||Throughout UWE|
|Visitor, e.g. conference delegate||_The Cloud||Public locations in UWE, e.g. libraries, coffee shops, ECC, Students Union|
For information about _The Cloud network please visit their support pages
What is eduroam?
- The eduroam (education roaming) service provides wireless Internet access for UWE staff, students and visitors from participating institutions.
- UWE staff and students visiting other Universities can also access the Internet via that institution's eduroam service.
Note: UWE users should ensure their eduroam setup is working correctly at UWE before going to other eduroam institutions.
How to connect to eduroam
Connecting to eduroam for UWE users
- If you are experiencing problems connecting to eduroam, please contact your institution's support service.
- Consult our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Further information about eduroam
Acceptable Use Policies
By connecting to eduroam, you agree to abide by: