Health, ethics and society
This cross cutting theme focuses on the connections between health, ethics and society.
Our theme focuses on the connections between health, ethics and society. We conduct research investigating a range of ethical, social and policy issues by drawing on insights from sociology, anthropology, philosophy, bioethics, nursing and public health.
Topics we're interested in:
- Human tissue exchange (including blood transfusion, organ transplantation, IVF, ova exchange, stem cell therapies)
- New and emerging health technologies
- Ethics and contemporary life sciences
- Synthetic biology and health
- Regenerative medicine
- Feminist bioethics
- Responsible research and innovation
- Enhancement technologies
- Ethics, regulation and governance
- Moral responsibility and healthcare
Our research programme has received funding from the ESRC, AHRC, BBSRC, MRC, NIHR, Wellcome Trust and Bristol City Council.
In addition to research in these substantive areas, we welcome opportunities for interdisciplinary research collaboration. Additionally we have extensive experience in research governance and teaching ethics to health professionals, social science and philosophy students.
For more information, please contact Professor Julie Kent.