Resources from CAR
We want to spread knowledge about the psychology of appearance, and what we do at the Centre.
Appearance Matters Podcast
Appearance Matters Podcast is all about appearance, featuring exclusive interviews with experts in the field.
The podcast is rated five stars by iTunes, and is featured in iTunes 'New and Noteworthy' and 'What's Hot' categories for Higher Education.
We have recent experience of working with the following media:
- Channel 4
- BBC Radio 4
- Local radio
- Marie Claire magazine
- Elle Magazine
- The Times
- The Guardian
- The Telegraph
- The Daily Mail
Please contact us if you want work with us.
Free online training for researchers new to appearance research, which only requires a short registration process.
This training package does not assume any prior knowledge of the psychology of appearance.
It is targeted towards those who are interested in gaining a broad introduction and are embarking on their first piece of research in this area.
It consists of five modules with links to relevant readings. A certificate is available upon completing the programme.
- Professor Steve Wests views on Centre for Appearance Research (CAR)
- Introduction to the Centre for Appearance Research
- Why we study appearance
- Research with the Centre for Appearance Research
- PhD research at the Centre for Appearance Research
- Partnerships within the Centre for Appearance Research
- BBC Videos: Your Body Your Image