Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences brings together experts from Allied Health Professions, Biological, Biomedical and Analytical Sciences, Health and Social Science, and Nursing and Midwifery. See our department web pages to find out more about our excellent teaching and research.
Diagnostic Imaging, Radiotherapy and Oncology, Occupational Therapy, Paramedic Science, Music Therapy, Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation.
Including Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Criminology, Environmental Health, Philosophy, Politics and International Relations.
Information and support for Health and Applied Sciences students.
Including biomedical, biological, conservation, environmental and forensic sciences.
Including adult nursing, children's nursing, learning disabilities nursing, mental health nursing and midwifery.
Research centres and institutes in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences.
- UWE Bristol research team contributes to new blood and transplant unit
- University Alliance launches a new kind of doctoral programme for the 21st Century
- Does having a visible difference impact upon intimate relationships? Participants sought for new study
- Choral Singing Therapy may lead to improved quality of life for stroke survivors
- UWE awards Honorary Degree to Nathan Filer
- Obese 4-5 year olds likely to remain overweight throughout their primary school life
- UWE Bristol lecturer wins art prize for etching based on physiotherapy interventions
- UWE holds debate on how much we value nature in an age of genetic modification
See all news items.