Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences brings together experts from Allied Health Professions, Biological, Biomedical and Analytical Sciences, Health and Social Science, and Nursing and Midwifery. See our department web pages to find out more about our excellent teaching and research.
Diagnostic Imaging, Radiotherapy and Oncology, Occupational Therapy, Paramedic Science, Music Therapy, Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation.
Including Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Criminology, Environmental Health, Philosophy, Politics and International Relations.
Information and support for Health and Applied Sciences students.
Including biomedical, biological, conservation, environmental and forensic sciences.
Including adult nursing, children's nursing, learning disabilities nursing, mental health nursing and midwifery.
Research centres and institutes in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences.
- New discovery strengthens how bones bond to titanium orthopaedic implants
- More emotional support needed for children dealing with traumatic distress following injury
- Automate Now? Robots, Jobs and Universal Basic Income
- Anxiety app designed by UWE experts achieves half a million downloads in over 100 countries
- UWE Bristol research team contributes to new blood and transplant unit
- University Alliance launches a new kind of doctoral programme for the 21st Century
- Does having a visible difference impact upon intimate relationships? Participants sought for new study
- Choral Singing Therapy may lead to improved quality of life for stroke survivors
See all news items.
We are proud to work with a range of local and national stakeholders and partners to deliver professional education which meets individual and workforce needs.
Virtual Faculty of Health and Social Care
The virtual Faculty of Health and Social Care is a network of senior professionals from local and regional health and social care organisations and local authorities that work in partnership with the Faculty to plan and modify our on-going and future work streams.