Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences brings together experts from Allied Health Professions, Biological, Biomedical and Analytical Sciences, Health and Social Science, and Nursing and Midwifery. See our department web pages to find out more about our excellent teaching and research.
Diagnostic Imaging, Radiotherapy and Oncology, Occupational Therapy, Paramedic Science, Music Therapy, Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation.
Including Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Criminology, Environmental Health, Philosophy, Politics and International Relations.
Information and support for Health and Applied Sciences students.
Including biomedical, biological, conservation, environmental and forensic sciences.
Including adult nursing, children's nursing, learning disabilities nursing, mental health nursing and midwifery.
Research centres and institutes in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences.
- UWE holds debate on how much we value nature in an age of genetic modification
- Future GPs could benefit from longer training
- Atomised Mothers: A film about isolation, 'austerity' and the politics of parenthood
- UWE researcher publishes 'a new (wo)manifesto for feminists'
- Research into robotic trousers to help those with impaired mobility
- Children and young people to get more say in their health care
- Public invited to get involved in dementia research in the West
- Science Live – new transatlantic pilot study to research what makes a public science event tick
See all news items.