UWE Bristol - India
At UWE Bristol we are proud of our international reputation. With a thriving international community of students from over 140 countries worldwide, including India, we are the perfect UK university at which to study.
Current students from India choose to study an array of courses across multiple disciplines including Robotics, Wildlife Filmmaking, MBAs, and Sports and Exercise Psychology. Many of our courses are relevant to growing areas of industry across India making UWE Bristol a popular choice with students.Contact us Chat now to an International Adviser
Entry requirements - India
The experienced UWE Bristol International team will be happy to give you advice on the suitability of your qualifications for your chosen programme of study.
Qualifications listed under each heading may satisfy UWE Bristol entry requirements to that level of study. This is not a guarantee of an offer of a place, which is at the University’s discretion.
All students must also have a recognised English language qualification.
Entry onto foundation programmes
If you do not quite meet the entry requirements for our undergraduate programmes, UWE Bristol offers foundation degrees or undergraduate degrees with foundation year entry.
Entry onto undergraduate programmes
Higher Secondary School Certificate/Indian School Certificate (standard XII) from the following boards CBSE/CISCE/WBCHSEB with 65 per cent, including grade C in at least five subjects. Students with lower grades may be considered for entry onto a foundation degree.
Applicants who have standard IIX from other state boards should contact the International Development Office for further information. If you have studied A-levels or International Baccalaureate, information on entry requirements can be found on the specific programme webpage.
Entry onto postgraduate programmes
Entry requirements for postgraduate programs vary from institution to institution and have been determined by both the length of the degree and the section of university (as defined by the NOOSR list):
- NOOSR Section 1 – 48 per cent for a three–four year
degree, 45 per cent from a five-year degree.
- Section 1 includes: Alagappa University, All india Institute of Medical Sciences, Amity, Amrita Institute of Management, Anna university, Banaras hindu University, Bangalore University, Bharathiar University, Birla Institute of Technology, Board of Technical Education, Chennai University, D Y Patil, Delhi University, English and Foreign Language University, Guru Nanak Dev University, IIM, IIT, IIS, Kolkata University, Mumbai University, Pune University.
- These are the most common universities, but please see NOOSR for complete list.
- NOOSR Section 2 – 55 per cent for all degrees
- Section 3 – 60 per cent for all degrees.
- The government agenda is to introduce the GPA system by 2020,
but some institutions have already done so. In the event of an
institution adopting the GPA system, then the following GPAs will
- Section 1 – 2.6 GPA
- Section 2 - 2.8 GPA
- Section 3 – 3.0 GPA.
What to do if you don't meet our entry requirements
If you do not quite meet our entry requirements, our International College offers a range of university preparation courses to teach you all you need to progress to UWE Bristol. We also have a range of Pre-sessional English language courses to get your English skills up to the standard required for entry to UWE Bristol.
Representatives in your country
Our extensive overseas representative network offers enquirers and applicants a variety of services.