Regional History Centre events
- 'Welcome to Britain?' Black GIs in Bristol and the South West during World War II
This talk by Professor Neil Wynn (University of Gloucestershire) will examine the way in which the war highlighted race issues among Americans and the British population in Bristol and the South West between 1941 and 1945.
- The Health of Bristol, 1948-2013: Public Health from Local Authority to NHS and Back Again
Seminar by Professor David Evans (UWE) will scope what we know about the health of Bristol over period 1948-2013.
- Mahoney's Gibbet: Dark Heritage and the Criminal Body in Eighteenth Century Bristol.
Talk by Professor Steve Poole (UWE) about hanging dead felons in chains and placing them on public view in eighteenth century Bristol.
- War, Revolution and the Romantic Era in South West England - Conference - 28 February 2015
- Romancing the Gibbet - Walford: The public execution of John Walford in 1789 - 15 November 2014
- Imperial City: Bristol in the World - 20-21 September 2013
- Georgian pleasures - 12-13 September 2013
- Writing the West - May 2012
- Protest, memory and public history - February 2012