Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
If your business has a strategy for growth, we can help make your ambitions a reality with a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP).
KTPs at a glance
- The Knowledge Transfer Partnerships scheme is a UK-wide programme helping businesses to improve competitiveness and productivity.
- The University provides expertise, practical backing and help to access funding.
- A talented graduate, based full-time in your business, drives and delivers the project, with full University backing and help with supervision and management.
- You and the graduate have weekly access to an academic or researcher with knowledge, skills and experience that is relevant to your business.
- You will reap rewards – increased profitability, strategic growth and embedded knowledge.
- Up to 67% of project costs can be met by the UK Government, making it very cost-effective. Businesses are fully supported by UWE Bristol’s dedicated KTP team.
- More than 3,000 projects, lasting between six months to three years, have been successfully completed nationally.
- Suitable for most industries and sectors, including not-for-profit organisations.
Why undertake a KTP?
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships bring expertise, graduate talent and practical backing into your team. Previous participants in the KTP scheme have seen an average increase of over £260,000* in annual profits.
You bring the ambition and strategic vision to transform your business, and UWE Bristol will provide the practical graduate support, applied knowledge and technical expertise to help you achieve your goals.
KTPs have been delivered across all sectors, for organisations of all sizes. Recently, we have helped businesses to:
- Develop industry-changing technology in video surveillance solutions using expertise in 3D imaging and facial feature extraction.
- Establish new methodologies for accelerated design, development and manufacture of new products with industry-leading features.
- Create a working demonstrator of a cutting-edge new product line through combining arts research with electronics engineering.
- Use scientific research and experimentation to establish an industry reputation for expertise in the field, to enable continuous product and process improvement and business growth.
- Implement the concept of ‘co-robots’; robotic automation of assembly lines working alongside human operators, towards increased productivity to fulfil demand.
- Embed new algorithmic approaches to investment decision support into the company’s wealth management information systems.
KTP success stories
Read some of our inspirational KTP case studies and discover the benefits of partnering with UWE Bristol:
UWE Bristol helped marketing company Blue Sheep take new products to market, achieving strategic marketing development through a KTP that ultimately delivered a pre-tax profit of £482,000.
KTPs have developed new international distribution channels, embedded digital print capability and a new business model for Dycem’s high-quality flooring product and are introducing a co-creation model for new product development, resulting in increased turnover of over £2m.
See a case study film detailing the success of UWE Bristol's work with the Motivation Charitable Trust.
Watch our case study film about how UWE Bristol helped Recycling Technologies Ltd to develop its products and company.
See how the KTP helped improve product performance and energy efficiency.
Want to find out more?
If you have any questions about KTPs with
UWE Bristol, contact us on:
Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81043
* Technology Strategy Board – Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, Achievements and Outcomes Annual Report 2012/13