A Handbook for Accessible Teaching and Learning
This handbook is designed for tutors to provide a source of reference for the design and provision of written materials and online resources, and for accessible teaching practice. With the support of equality legislation and financial support through Disabled Student Allowances (DSAs) increasing numbers disabled students are accessing higher education. We have a legal duty to provide an accessible environment for their teaching and learning.
This resource aims to provide a benchmark for minimum standards of accessibility in a number of areas, but also directs you to local information and support as well as providing links to numerous other more in depth resources.
- Appendix 1: Undergraduate Blackboard Courses - Button Names
- Appendix 2: User agreement for audio recording of lectures on personal devices
- Appendix 3: UWE library services alternative formats: information for faculty
- Appendix 4: Duty of care - guidance notes for staff
- Appendix 5: Crisis Response Plan