Organisation Development Student Consultancy Project
UWE Bristol's BA(Hons) Business Management and Leadership degree programme is designed to allow undergraduate students to take a step toward gaining management and/or leadership roles by undertaking student consultancy projects.
About the consultancy project
The 'Organisation Development Student Consultancy Project' offers local organisations free consultancy in exchange for hosting a final year undergraduate student organisation development project group. Organisations benefit from free consultancy on organisation level issues such as (but not limited to):
- Helping organisations and people work effectively during change and transition
- Systemic organisational reviews
- Team and group development
- Working with conflict and difficulty – seeing conflict as growth
- Individual and group facilitation and development
- Decision making evaluations
- Reviews of organisation culture
- Team building interventions
- Action Learning assessments
The consultancy project will start in January 2017 and will run for eight weeks.
Benefits of the project
- A team of five students can inject new ideas into your organisation regarding a business need that might not otherwise have been reviewed due to lack of resource.
- There is no cost incurred to your organisation for this service, however we would recommend covering basic expenses.
- The nature of the consultancy project is flexible and can relate to any sector of your organisation.
- These consultancies commence in January with an induction allowing participants to familiarise themselves with their host and collect data concerning their role prior to the analysis.
- A practical investigation is undertaken using data held by the organisation using the following methods - observation, meetings, interviews and questionnaires.
“The students gave us an impartial look at our organisation, and produced a comprehensive report for our use”. Nathan Sims – Director, N&S Flooring (Bristol) Ltd
- A feasibility study for tele/remote working.
- A survey of employees to ascertain levels of engagement.
- A study of employee/manager perceptions of an appraisal scheme.
- Revision of current communication strategies.
- Exploring expectations of staff in relation to the implementation of a future IT system.
- Developing and delivering a team building activity for employees.
What does the organisation need to provide?
- An appropriate consultancy project for the student group to embark on.
- Necessary data to allow the student group to produce an executive report at the end of their time with you.
- A member of staff to work as their point of contact throughout this period.
What will the organisation receive?
- A final tangible written report.
- A fresh perspective from a student group with problem solving and organisation management skills.
- Constant support throughout from our placement team who will be on hand to offer assistance and advice.
Next steps and further information
If you would like to be involved in this scheme or require some further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details regarding other schemes, please view our 'recruiting students and graduates' information.