Alumni network benefits and services
We outline some great reasons to get involved with the UWE Bristol alumni network.
15 per cent discount on postgraduate courses
The Students' Union sports and societies
UWE Bristol Careers services
Left UWE Bristol less than three years ago?
Alumni can take advantage of a wide range of services offered by UWE Bristol Careers (free of charge) for up to three years after graduation. You can:
- Use our extensive web resources to find information and advice about: CVs and covering letters; applications and interviews; case studies; further study; specific occupations; career options; overseas opportunities and much more.
- Log-in to UWE Bristol infoHub to view graduate vacancies, news, events and additional resources to help with your vacancy search.
- View a range of appointments and drop ins.
- Use our Employability and Enterprise Zone on Frenchay Campus, centrally located in 2D11 by the entrance to the Library.
- Come to our careers events.
Contact UWE Bristol Careers for more information.
Left UWE Bristol more than three years ago?
- You can use our extensive web resources to find information and advice about: CVs and covering letters, applications and interviews, case studies, further study, specific occupations, career options, overseas opportunities and much more.
Other careers services available include:
Take advantage of discounts on selected UWE Bristol short courses from Bristol Business School, the School of Creative Arts and the Bristol Institute of Technology.
As a former UWE Bristol student, you are entitled to discounts on short courses offered by:
- Department of Engineering, Design and Mathematics -The Department offers a 20 per cent discount to UWE Bristol alumni on SPSS and Applied Statistics short courses. For more information, go to the Department of Engineering, Design and Mathematics website.
- Bristol Business School - The Business School is offering a 20 per cent discount to UWE alumni on selected short courses. Classes are available in a variety of areas including Leadership, Managing People, Personal Development, Public Sector and Not for Profit. You can view courses available via the Bristol Business School website.
- PRINCE2® e-learning course - PRINCE2® is a
pre-requisite for over 60 per cent of all Project Management jobs
advertised in the UK and over 600,000 people worldwide have taken
the PRINCE2® exams. (Source ILX Group August 2009).
The PRINCE2® e-learning course from ILX Group is accessed via a portal and allows the required learning, about 25 hours, to be done at a time and pace to suit you. The official manual, tutor support by telephone/email and exam fees are included. Find out more about the PRINCE2 for Project Management course. Discounted price: £678.
Ten per cent off 3D printing
UWE Bristol’s new spin-out company Argillasys 3D Printed Ceramics based at the Bower Ashton Campus is now open for business, offering both an online bureau that allows customers to upload their 3D files to be printed and a gallery of exclusive 3D-printed designer items for sale, all in a unique ceramic material developed and patented by the Centre for Fine Print Research.
We have an introductory offer on several interesting gift items priced from £5:
- Lattice Stars
We will give an extra ten per cent discount to all UWE Bristol alumni to purchase items from our online shop and to use with the 3D printed ceramic bureau. Just use your UWE Bristol email and the promotional code TQPG683 when purchasing form the website.
Support for business start-ups
UWE Bristol alumni are entitled to borrow up to five books at a
time and make two reservations free of charge.
Alumni are able to join as members for free. Please note that,
due to the university's licensing agreements, alumni are unable to
borrow audio-visual materials and short-loan items.
To take advantage of the library borrowing entitlement, simply complete the online application to join the library.
Guest access to databases
Former students and staff are also able to have guest user
access to some of UWE Bristol's e-resources. Guest access to
databases is available from all UWE Bristol campus libraries.
Access to the computers may be limited during busy times. More
information on guest access is available from the Library
UWE Bristol is passionate about widening participation and community engagement. That’s why we have made available a selection of online databases. The databases typically contain journal articles and/or statistical datasets.
Guest access to databases is available from all UWE Bristol campus libraries. Access to the computers may be limited in busy times and is only permitted during staffed opening hours.
What databases are available?
We recommend that you check
what databases are available for guest access before you visit
the library, as not all database providers permit use of their
databases by members of the public.
For more information, including how to register to use the service, please visit the UWE Bristol Library web pages.
UWE Bristol Centre for Sport
Use our brand-new fitness suite and take advantage of state-of-the-art training machines, free weights, expert advice from fitness instructors and exercise classes. Membership discounts are available for alumni.
To join, simply show proof of your alumni status (either an alumni membership card or an email/letter from the Alumni Office) at the Centre for Sport.
Advertise your vacancies to UWE Bristol graduates
Graduate jobs registered at UWE Bristol are also shared with other universities in the South West of England. For more information, visit the Recruitment Services webpage.