Building on our international successes and enhancing the ‘UWE Global’ brand are key features of our Strategic Plan.
To achieve our goals we will continue to strengthen our partnerships, to provide even more outstanding opportunities for work and study, supported by our excellent range of professional services.
With approximately 3,000 registered overseas students, UWE is already a multi-cultural university. Our aim is to build on our strong base to increase opportunities and recruitment, both at home and abroad.
Our graduates are entering a global society, and we aim to make sure that through our strategic partnerships they are prepared for and can make the most of this environment.
UWE itself is also part of this global society. Through our strategic partnerships we aim to extend our capacity to raise aspirations across the world; we aim to boost inter-cultural communication, awareness and understanding at home and abroad; and we aim to enhance our work in collaboration with our partners in emerging economies, to help support them as these develop.
Selected global markets
With these aims in mind, UWE has established a number of strategic partnerships, particularly in South Asia, most notably Vietnam and Malaysia. We also have well developed partnerships in Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Taiwan, Pakistan and India. UWE is also engaging with developing markets in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Nigeria and Ghana.
Accomplishing our internationalisation aims
Our International Development Office co-ordinate our international partnership activities and international recruitment. Through this coordinated approach we will achieve our aims by:
- Utilising the opportunities that our international partnerships provide.
- Increasing recruitment of international staff and students.
- Developing broader networks of international alumni and links with businesses overseas.
- Expanding our transnational provision through the UWE Global brand.
- Providing clear progression opportunities for overseas students into UWE 2nd and 3rd Years, fully supported by our Quality Management Enhancement Framework.
- Increasing our postgraduate portfolio development dedicated to the international market.
These activities will ensure we further embed internationalisation into the UWE mindset.
For further information please contact the International Development Office.