Why UWE Bristol supports Fairtrade
There are many good reasons to support the Fairtrade ethos:
- to promote cultural, social and environmental awareness amongst staff, students and visitors – a marketplace of over 32,000 customers
- to encourage socially responsible choices through trade
- to ensure we remain one of a continually growing number of UK universities that have been awarded Fairtrade status, thereby allowing us to positively distinguish itself
- to recognise that UWE Bristol is a major business that can have a significant impact on the environment and on both the local and global communities
- to develop and underline our commitment to sustainable development, both locally and globally, in line with the United Nation's sustainable development goals
- to build on our links with the city of Bristol which has been designated a Fairtrade City with Bristol University, which is a Fairtrade University. We have close links with the South West Fairtrade group.