Faculty of Business and Law building
Located in the heart of Frenchay Campus, the new Bristol Business School building will offer an innovative way of studying and working – with new social and learning spaces to allow students, staff and business people to work more closely together, and make valuable new connections.
“I am so excited about our new Faculty home. It is much more than bricks and mortar; it reflects our bold and ambitious goals and will provide a world class learning facility for our students and staff.
"It will be a ‘live’ business environment where students, staff, business professionals and alumni can work collaboratively on projects that impact on the region and beyond.”
The building will house all Bristol Business School and Bristol Law School staff and provide innovative teaching spaces for our programmes in Accounting, Economics and Finance, Business and Management, and Law (including professional legal education).
The new building will also include:
- Two showcase law courts
- A city trading room
- A 300 seat lecture theatre
- Two Harvard lecture theatres
- Technology enhanced active learning classrooms
- Flexible social learning spaces
- An external business engagement space
- Incubator and coaching space for our BA(Hons) Business (Team Entrepreneurship) and MSc Innovation and Applied Entrepreneurship programmes
- Bristol Business Engagement Centre including an executive education suite and meeting spaces
- Three Research Centres (Leadership, Law, Finance and Economics) and research groups
- A Pro Bono business and law clinic
- A central atrium and café, with an outside area
- Spaces for hire by business and partners for events, conferences, training and meetings.
As part of the celebrations for the completion of the new building we are putting together a memory archive of Business and Law alumni. Add your photos and memories to the alumni archive.
Images and video fly through
There is also a gallery of images including computer visualisations and photographs of the progress of the building work.
The work started on the new building in November 2014, with the main contractor, ISG, starting on site in July 2015. The construction is due for completion in early 2017, with full occupation from Easter 2017.
ISG have published a project microsite for more details about the construction.