UWE Bristol has two newly refurbished fitness suites on Frenchay Campus, both just yards away from UWE Bristol halls of residence. Whatever your needs or level of fitness, we have all the facilities and expertise to meet your fitness requirements.
The gym equipment and facilities at both the Centre for Sport and Wallscourt Farm have recently been upgraded with the latest equipment and technology from Life Fitness after significant university investment.
Find out more about the refurbishment and have a look at some pictures of the new facility on the Centre for Sport blog.
Centre for Sport Gym
Packed with equipment, the Centre for Sport has everything you could need. Our state-of-the-art, air-conditioned fitness suite includes a full range of resistance, cardio and strength training equipment. There’s also a stretching area and free weight area to target all muscle groups. Fitness instructors are always available to help out and ensure a safe environment.
- State-of-the-art facility - approximately 335 square metres in size
- Cardiovascular equipment, including PowerMill™ Climbers, FlexStriders™, treadmills, cross-trainers, rowing ergos and Lifecycle® upright and recumbent bikes
- Touchscreen Discover SE consoles allow you to personalise your workout, connect to LF Connect via your mobile phone and much more
- Synrgy Rig provides a dynamic workout space for individual, group and class use
- Boditrax console to measure your body composition in a secure and discreet way
- A functional training and free weight space incorporating squat
racks, integrated lifting platforms with full and half racks and
- Changing rooms with lockers and showers
- Instructors on hand to advise
Wallscourt Farm Gym
Wallscourt Farm Gym (see location map) was acquired by UWE Bristol in October 2009 and fully refurbished with new equipment. The gym features a range of cardiovascular equipment such as cross trainers, treadmills and exercise bikes.
There is also a range of resistance equipment for muscle toning and a small free weight section.
- Approximately 130 square metres in size
- New high quality Life Fitness resistance machines
- New cardiovascular stations (including treadmills, cross trainers, upright and recumbent bikes and rowing machines)
- Changing rooms with lockers and showers are available
Specially crafted for the advanced athlete, the 'performance' gym opened on the ground floor at Wallscourt Farm Gym in 2009. The performance gym is exclusive to the UWE High Performance group and selected Students' Union at UWE Sports Clubs.
- Plyometric boxes
- Olympic lifting plates and bars
- Concept 2 rowers
- Lying leg curl
- Medicine balls
- Squat stands
Changing rooms with lockers and showers are also available.
Fitness instructors are on hand to provide you with training advice throughout the day. Our team of specialists also offer a range of services from personal training, physiotherapy and massage to one-off training programmes.
See the full range of gym services available at the Centre for Sport.