Academic regulations and procedures
Academic regulations are there to assure our academic standards and ensure all our students are treated consistently and equitably.
If you are an enrolled student you have agreed to abide by the University’s academic regulations and procedures.
Current academic regulations and procedures
View the full academic regulations and procedures documents:
- Academic regulations and procedures 2017/18
- 2017/18 academic regulations for undergraduate/postgraduate taught students – key facts
- 2017/18 academic regulations for postgraduate research students – key facts
- Student and staff guide – key changes to academic regulations and procedures 2017/18
- Summary of all updates to the Academic Regulations and Procedures 2017/18
Find out more about degree classification.
Variations to regulations and procedures
Our academic regulations and procedures are occasionally varied due to partner or external body requirements. The following variants are approved by our Academic Board:
- University Centre Hartpury regulations 2017/18
- Taylor's University, Malaysia and UWE Bristol Dual Awards Framework (for all students with effect from March 2014)
- Taylor's University, Malaysia and UWE Bristol Dual Awards Framework 2012
- Taylor’s University, Malaysia and UWE Bristol Dual Awards Framework 2011
- Approved regulations for named City School of Architecture, Colombo programmes (for all students with effect from academic year 2011/12)
Professional body variants
Some professional body requirements require a variance to the regulations and procedures which must be approved by Academic Board. For example, a professional body may require a different method of calculation for a honours classification or differential level of award.
The following awards have standalone approved academic regulations and procedures:
- Bar Professional Training Course Regulations
- UWE Bristol Graduate Diploma in Law Assessment Regulations
- UWE Bristol Legal Practice Course Assessment Regulations
- UWE Bristol BSc (Hons) Midwifery Assessment Regulations
For details of any other variant regulations affecting individual programmes please check the relevant programme specification.
Previous academic regulations and procedures
- University Ordinances (valid from 2002)