Big Green Week
UWE Bristol Big Green Week is our annual festival of eco ideas, events and smart living. It’s a great opportunity to get out on campus and find out about the things that matter to you - plastics, climate change, food, fast fashion, sustainability in our teaching and more.
Take a look at how you can get involved:
- Take a virtual tour of Frenchay Campus using our updated version of UWE Bristol's Green Treasure Map
- Feel inspired with Sir David Attenborough - take a look at what you can do to reduce plastic pollution
- Find out more about sustainability at UWE Bristol and the Student Union's Green team
- See how many pollutants vegetation removes in your area
- Find out how you can support tree planting with Bristol Tree Forum
- Find out about our charity of the week, Wasteaid, who work with communities across the world and stop plastics reaching the oceans
- Watch a free online film on the impact of plastics on the iconic bird, the Albatross
Big Green Week events
- Glenside Autumn trees ramble
- Walk the Frenchay Beeline - herb beds, fruit trees, perfect lunchspots and more
- RiverBlue free film showing
- Green team social and Sustainability by-election 2018
- Frenchay campus Bee walk and talk
- Albatross free film showing
- 'Young People's Travel – What's Changed and Why? Review and Analysis'
- Will climate change lead to more wars? Cabot Institute for the Environment University of Bristol
- Stoke Park litter detox – protecting wildlife, supporting local people
- Bring Your Own Bowl
If you have any ideas or feedback on what you would like to see in Big Green Week please email the Sustainability Team at email@example.com or call Vicki Harris on 07985 982294.UWE Bristol and the Students' Union at UWE support the global goals set out by the United Nations whose Sustainable Development Goals for 2030 are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and fight inequality.