Digital Christmas Card Competition
Enter our competition to win up to £250 by creating this year's University Christmas card.
Design the UWE Bristol Christmas Card and win £250
The competition is open to all UWE Bristol staff, students and alumni. The card will be sent out electronically to colleagues, supporters, businesses and partner organisations across the world.
The design should represent an element of UWE Bristol and/or the Bristol area. The design can be in any static format such as photography, illustration and drawing but it must be your own original work.
The creator of the winning design will receive a £250 prize and the four runners-up will receive £50 each, as well as artist credit on the finished e-card.
Only one entry per person is allowed and all entries should be submitted by 23:00 on Sunday 11 November 2018.
The entries will be shortlisted by a panel of judges who will choose a shortlist of five. The five shortlisted entries will be placed on the UWE Bristol Facebook page and Staff Intranet (login required) from Thursday 15 November until Wednesday 21 November. The overall winner will be judged from the combined number of 'likes' the photos receive (across both channels) after this period has ended.
The competition is open to all current UWE Bristol students, staff, and alumni.
Please read and follow these specifications carefully, otherwise your submission will not be accepted.
- The message of the e-card is Season's Greetings and you must incorporate this message into your design. Please make sure Season's Greetings is legible, and you have included the apostrophe!
- The final image must be landscape in design as it will be cropped and scaled to fit appropriate channels, so this should be considered in the design.
- The image will be used on the UWE Bristol website homepage, so it must be a minimum size of 1,280 (wide) × 430 (high) pixels.
- All submissions will be used digitally, so hand drawn submissions must be scanned or turned into an image before submission.
By entering into the competition you are giving permission for your design to be used and altered for production purposes.
Unfortunately we cannot accept video or animation entries due to the compatibility with our channels.
How to submit your design
Please remember all entries should be submitted by 23:00 on Sunday 11 November 2018 (one entry per person).
All entries must be submitted via digital format and saved as a high quality JPEG or PNG file. If your image is not high enough resolution then we may not be able to accept it into the competition.
Please send your finished entries by email to Chris Kershaw at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title UWE Bristol e-card design competition. Make sure you title the file with your name so we can identify it. Please include a short sentence about how your submission meets the entry requirements of representing either UWE Bristol and/or the Bristol area.
Terms and conditions
Please read the full terms and conditions before entering. If you have any further questions, please email Chris Kershaw, Events Assistant at email@example.com.
- By entering the competition, you give your consent for us to use the image you have provided in a range of promotional materials.
- Your submitted entry will be owned by UWE Bristol and exclusively used by UWE Bristol as their Christmas card and cannot be distributed elsewhere for that sole purpose (i.e. to other companies).
- The promoter is UWE Bristol whose registered office is at Coldharbour Lane, Frenchay, Bristol, BS16 9QY.
- Employees connected with the judging of the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- The competition is only open to all current students, employees and alumni of the UWE Bristol.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Closing date for entry is 23:00 on Sunday 11 November 2018. Entries made after this date will not be accepted.
- You must get people's written permission to enter the image if they can be clearly identified.
- You must own the copyright to the images you submit. UWE Bristol will have free use of all the pictures you submit, but you will retain ownership.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason, including past the deadline.
- The promoter may also use any of the shortlisted entries if deemed appropriate.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter's control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be chosen by a judging panel.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to communications within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.