Supporting you means everything from help to make the most of your course, through to people to talk to when you need a bit of extra guidance. Our door is always open.
Support you with your studies
- At the start of your course, you’ll be assigned an academic personal tutor. They’ll support you to progress throughout your course.
- Access to study skills workshops to learn more about referencing, presentation skills, maths, statistics and IT.
- Access to our award winning careers service to help with everything from writing your CV to getting global work experience.
- International study support, including English language tuition, career guidance and advice for partners and families.
- Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) is a student-to-student support scheme. PAL mentors help with all sorts, from academic to making the transition to university.
Support to be you
- Student Support Advisers can help you deal with changes in your personal circumstances, money worries or what to do if you want to change your course.
- Need to talk? Our Wellbeing Service makes sure someone is there to listen.
- There are a range of social activities to get involved with to help you make friends and connections and feel part of a community.
Help with the practical stuff
- Face-to-face advice available at Information Points across all campuses. They'll answer your questions on everything from bus times to where to get the best coffee.
- Our specialist money advisers are on hand to offer support and advice along with lots of top tips and self-help guides to help you get to grips with living on a budget.
- Access to advice on choosing accommodation, getting settled with new flatmates and dealing with private landlords is available from our accommodation service and independent Student’s Union at UWE advice centre.
Extra support when you need it
- The Disability Service is here to provide you specialist support for disabilities, specific learning difficulties or health conditions.
- The UWE Cares service for carers, care leavers or estranged students will be a point of contact for you throughout your time at UWE Bristol, helping you get the right support when you need it.
- We’re really passionate about valuing and empowering diversity at UWE Bristol from BME programmes to our well-supported LGBT+ communities.
Explore our courses
We offer a range of undergraduate courses across multiple disciplines. Each course is designed to boost your employment prospects and prepare you for your future career.