Why invest in professional development
Whether you are looking for personal career development or for training to meet the needs of your organisation, UWE Bristol has a range of options to help you achieve your goals.
Our expert staff and diverse portfolio of professional training courses offer you the opportunity to acquire new skills and enhance your existing work-based experience to give you the competitive edge and take your career to the next level.
Invest in your career
Professional development can equip you with new skills, help you gain or maintain a professional accreditation, or give you the opportunity to take your career in a new direction.
UWE Bristol’s range of professional development courses has been designed to help you achieve your career ambitions and maximise your potential, whatever the stage of your career.
Benefits of our courses
Our professional development courses can help you to:
- Gain new skills and recognised qualifications
- Increase your productivity through new ways of working
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and regulations
- Deepen your knowledge in a specific area
- Explore new areas and learn skills to take your career in a new direction
- Increase earning potential by taking on more senior roles in line with your new skills
- Gain professional accreditation through courses accredited by professional bodies
- Learn at a pace that suits you with courses that fit around your existing commitments
Find out more about the courses available to you.
Invest in your business
To ensure your organisation is able to stay ahead of the competition and embrace the challenges posed by the global marketplace, investment in developing high-level skills within your workforce is key.
At UWE Bristol, we can help your organisation to grow by delivering the professional training and development that you need to stay ahead.
Benefits to your organisation
Through our courses, your organisation will benefit from:
- Learning that can be applied immediately in the workplace
- Staff with the skills, knowledge and confidence to ask the right questions and make timely, informed decisions
- High-level skills development to meet the needs of your organisation
- Flexible delivery to minimise time spent away from the
We also offer tailored training and development to meet the specific needs of your organisation. Training can be delivered in-house or on campus and is often a cost-effective way to meet the training needs of your organisation.
To find out more about bespoke training contact the Professional Development Team on +44 (0)117 32 81043.
The Disability Service offers advice, guidance, practical support and adjustments to students with an impairment, medical condition or specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia, in order to enhance access and progression through their courses.
Find out more essential information to help with study, access support, and enhance student experience.
Professional development enquiries
If you wish to apply for a course, can’t find what you’re looking for or have questions about professional and short course study, please contact our professional development teams for more information.