What happens at an Open Day
Open Events are your chance to get stuck in and explore UWE Bristol for yourself.
Come along to an Open Day, and get the full UWE Bristol experience – from exploring your department and attending course information sessions, to taking tours and grilling our academics.
Or you could attend a shorter Open Afternoon, based at our Exhibition and Conference Centre on Frenchay Campus. Although our academic teams won’t be present, you’ll still be able to tour the campus and accommodation, talk to non-teaching staff and students, and get a feel for life at the University.
Get your questions answered
Our expert staff will be on hand to give you all the information you need. On an Open Day, there’ll be talks and drop-in sessions, while on an Open Afternoon you’ll be able to visit staff at their individual information points.
Topics vary on different campuses, but you could find out about:
- Fees and funding
- The Centre for Sport
- Disability Services, Wellbeing Services, and dyslexia/SpLD support
- UWE Cares - advice for care leavers, estranged students and carers
- The Students' Union at UWE.
- Campus tour - Led by one of our student ambassadors, take a tour of our campuses (and the Centre for Sport on Frenchay Campus). If you prefer to go at your own pace, pick up a copy of our self-guided tour.
- Accommodation tour - Discover what it's really like to live on campus. Book a guided tour alongside your campus tour, or collect a copy of our self-guided tour.
- Bristol tour (Open Days only) - From Frenchay Campus, take a free one-hour tour of the city centre and experience the sights and sounds of Bristol.
Open Day extras
Attending an Open Day will allow you to fit in a few more activities, on top of all the above.
You’ll be able to find out more about the course you’d like to study. Choose from:
- subject-specific talks
- taster sessions
- department tours
- academic drop-in sessions.
You could also visit the Centre for Music, go on a free Bristol tour, or choose from additional talks on careers, volunteering and making an application.
For all of these events, check your Open Day programme for timings. It will be available three weeks before the date of the event.
Filming and photography may take place at our Open Days. Please read our filming and photography notice.