Planning your Open Day
Essential information for students who are planning to attend one of our Open Days.
Before you get here
- Check our course listings to find out which department/campus you need to visit and the latest entry requirements for your course.
- We will give you a printed copy of the Open Day programme on the day. You can download a copy a week in advance to help you plan your day.
- Plan your Open Day travel and parking arrangements. We have three main campuses in Bristol: Frenchay Campus, Glenside Campus and City Campus, as well as Bristol Zoo - look at the map and directions relevant to you.
- You may also want to think about questions you would like answered, or make a note of the activities and talks you would like to attend.
- Our Open Days are relaxed so feel free to dress casually. You'll probably be doing quite a bit of walking so wear comfy shoes and bring an umbrella just in case.
When you arrive
- There's lots to see and do on an Open Day, so arrive early if you can. Our sign-in points are open from 09:30 to 13:30 on Frenchay Campus, 10:00 until 14:00 at Glenside Campus, 09:30 until 14:00 at City Campus, and from 09:30 at Bristol Zoo.
- When you arrive, make your way to the sign-in areas. There will be signs, staff and student ambassadors (dressed in blue t-shirts) to help direct you.
Making the most of your day
- We recommend that you prioritise the subject sessions you want to attend first then fit the general sessions and tours/visits around them.
- Remember to visit our student accommodation and get a real feel for what it’s like to live on campus.
- There's a variety of social spaces, cafes, restaurants, and shops on our campuses so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to refuel and top up your water bottle. You'll also find complimentary tea and coffee in the Information and Advice Zone and Faculty areas. At Frenchay, City and Glenside Campuses, all Students' Union shops and bars will be open.