Plan your Open Day
An Open Day is your chance to experience university life for yourself and see if the course you’re interested in is right for you. You’ll get the chance to meet our staff and talk to enthusiastic students about their own experiences. Discover all the extra-curricular activities you can get involved in and ensure you take a tour of our facilities, accommodation and beautiful city of Bristol.
Before you get here
- Programme timings for each department vary so please check our course listings to find out which department/campus you need to visit and the latest entry requirements for your course.
- Print out the corresponding Open Day programme to help you plan your day. Open Day programmes will also be available on the day.
- Plan your Open Day travel and parking arrangements. We have three main campuses in Bristol: Frenchay Campus, Glenside Campus and City Campus, as well as Gloucester Campus (for Adult Nursing and Mental Health Nursing only) and Bristol Zoo - look at the maps and directions relevant to you.
- You may also want to think about questions you would like answered, or make a note of certain activities and talks you would like to attend.
When you arrive
- To make the most of your Open Day and fit everything in (with time for a cuppa stop along the way), try and arrive by 10:00. Sign-in ends at 14:30 and academics may not be available after this time.
- On arrival to the campus please make your way to the sign-in areas. There will be signs, staff and student ambassadors (dressed in blue t-shirts) to help direct you.
Making the most of your day
- We recommend that you prioritise the subject sessions you want to attend first (you can attend sessions for more than one subject if you are undecided) then fit the general sessions and tours around them.
- Remember to book yourself on a tour of our accommodation and get a real feel for what it’s like to live on campus.
- Our Open Days are relaxed so please feel free to dress casually. You’ll probably be doing quite a bit of walking so wear comfy shoes and bring a brolly just in case.
- There's a variety of restaurants, cafés and shops on our campuses so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to refuel and top up your water bottle. At both Frenchay and Glenside Campuses, all SU shops and bars will be open. At Gloucester Campus there are vending machines on site and a number of local cafes nearby.
What happens at an Open Day?
From subject-specific talks, to tours and Q&A sessions, attending an Open Day will give you a taste of what it is like to study with us. Find out what happens at an Open Day.