If you are unable to make an Open Day at UWE Bristol, attending an Open Afternoon is a great alternative to give you the opportunity to see our campuses and talk to our staff.
Our Open Afternoons tend to take place in the months of December to April.
Upcoming Open Afternoons
If you would like to sign up to one of our Open Afternoons, please select one of the below and register.
- Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus - 4 December 2019
- Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus - 29 January 2020
- Undergraduate Open Afternoon - City Campus - 18 March 2020
- Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus - 25 March 2020
- Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Glenside Campus - 1 April 2020
What is included at an Open Afternoon?
- The events run from 12:00–15:00 and we would encourage visitors to arrive at the start of the event to make the most of the day.
- There are no formal programmes – just drop-ins with staff and student ambassadors, giving you the opportunity to have some informal chats with staff about what it's like at UWE Bristol.
- As well as drop-ins with academics, there is also the opportunity to talk to professional and support services such as Admissions, Accommodation, Money Advice and Funding, Disability Services and Wellbeing, Library, Students' Union and Centre for Sport (Frenchay Campus only).
- See our campus by attending a student ambassador-led campus tour.
- Accommodation tours are available for you to see where you could be living.
- You can also attend a finance talk to answer any questions you may have about money and funding.
What is not included?
Our Open Afternoons are a great opportunity to see our campuses and talk to staff, however these events are not as large as our Open Days. This means that there are some things that aren't included, such as:
- course talks and taster sessions
- city centre tours
- library tours
- specific facility tours and demos.
Campus-specific travel and parking information
- Parking is available in car parks 21 and 22.
- Bristol Parkway is the nearest train station. There is a public bus which runs to Frenchay Campus, otherwise Parkway is a walkable distance.
- Off-site parking is available (TBC) and there will be a minibus to campus.
- Bristol Parkway is the nearest train station and there is a public bus from the train station to Glenside Campus.
- If driving, please use the postcode BS3 2JX and look out for our Open Afternoon signage for directions.
- The nearest train station is Bristol Temple Meads, however it is not a walkable distance to City Campus so it would be advisable to then get a taxi if arriving at Temple Meads.
Can't make an Open Afternoon?
If you're going to miss our Open Days and Open Afternoons, there is always the option to do a self-guided campus tour for a glimpse of life at UWE Bristol.