Student studying

Pre-sessional students

If you study a pre-sessional English course at UWE Bristol before your main programme of study you must make two visa applications within a very short period of time:  

  • The first visa application you will make will be made outside of the UK for your pre-sessional English course only.
  • The second visa application will be made immediately after you successfully complete your pre-sessional course at UWE Bristol.

Make sure that you understand the visa requirements of your second visa application before the end of your pre-sessional course, as some of the requirements are time sensitive. Advisers will visit your class to discuss the requirements, but we encourage you to come and see us at a drop-in session as early as possible so that we can advise you individually.

When you complete your pre-sessional study and pay your tuition fee deposit, you will receive a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) for you to use with your second visa application. You will be able to access your CAS from your UWE Welcome website. You must frequently check your welcome website throughout your pre-sessional English course for important messages regarding your CAS.

Applying for a new visa

You do not need to wait to be issued a CAS for your main award before you start to prepare your documents for your second visa application.

To apply for your second visa please see our advice on applying for a Tier 4 (General) student visa inside the UK.

For all immigration enquiries regarding your visa application please contact our Immigration Advisers.

Back to top