Bristol Business School (BBS) summer programme
For today’s businesses, the processes of globalisation create both opportunities for international business development and challenges in negotiating an increasingly turbulent global environment. Moreover, there is a growing expectation that graduates can demonstrate the possession of a range of intercultural competencies that enable them to work effectively with others from a variety of backgrounds.
About the programme
The Bristol Business School Summer programme provides you with the opportunity to study the critical issues in global business alongside students from across the world. Taught by the School's global faculty members and experts from industry, you'll study in world-class teaching facilities situated in the vibrant, enterprising city of Bristol.
As well as having the opportunity to explore this multicultural city, you'll also have the chance to visit other parts of the UK as part of the programme.
The programme will run from Monday 15 to Friday 26 July 2019. Students will be expected to arrive in Bristol by Sunday 14 July 2019.
During their time at UWE Bristol, students will:
- receive 30 hours of classroom teaching and additional personal study time
- attend presentations by guest speakers and company visits
- take part in a variety of activities in a multicultural learning environment designed to develop their skills in problem solving, group work, giving presentations and cross-cultural communication, in addition to developing expertise in international business development.
Who should attend?
The programme is for those students who wish to develop expertise and competencies associated with international business and cross-cultural management. Prior study of international business and management is not a pre-requisite for this programme.
- Preferably, students will have successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate-level studies on a programme in the fields of business, management, economics, accounting, or marketing.
- Students should also have a strong command of spoken and written English (IELTS 6 or equivalent), as all lessons will be taught in English.
Specific topics covered in the programme will include, but are not confined to:
- international business context
- innovation and enterprise
- cross-cultural management
- strategic decision-making in global firms
- sustainability and the global environment
- international human resource management in multinational firms
- global marketing management.
Assessment methods and credits
During the programme, students will complete and be graded on an
individual presentation, a group presentation, and a group
Before arrival in Bristol, students will be asked to prepare an individual presentation/short report on an aspect of international business development which they will present at the beginning of the programme. Students will work in groups to develop the presentation and written plan, drawing on the learning acquired during the programme.
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded 12 UWE Bristol/6 ECTS/3 US credits.
Our summer school fees range from £1,150 to £1,450 (depending on whether you prefer your meals included or not) and include:
Our summer school fees are:
- £1,150 for the self-catering package
- £1,450 for the all-inclusive package.
- all teaching resources
- 30 hours of classroom teaching
- guest speakers and company visits
- Wi-Fi access inside the school/University
- two weeks’ accommodation in the Student Village on Frenchay Campus, living in flats of up to six people. Each flat has a shared kitchen and living area but you’ll have your own en-suite bedroom.
- airport transfers (at designated times – see below for details)
- trips (see below for details).
- London, England’s capital city, famous for its art galleries and museums, historic buildings and great shopping. The trip includes a twilight flight on the London Eye and dinner in London.
- Oxford, ‘city of dreaming spires’ and home to England’s oldest university. There will also be an option to visit Bicester Village, where you can buy designer goods at discount prices.
- Gloucester Cathedral, where scenes from Harry Potter were filmed.
- Bath, with its famous Roman Baths and beautiful 18th century architecture.
- Bristol, see the sights of this buzzing university city, and end your tour with a welcome dinner at a well-known Bristol restaurant (included in the package).
- All trips are with an experienced, professional tour guide.
Free airport transfers to UWE Bristol will be available on Sunday 14 July 2019 at 11:00, 15:00 and 19:00 from London Heathrow airport.
If you are unable to make the airport pick-up times or are arriving at a different airport, you can order your airport transfer independently. Find out about airport transfers.
Please email email@example.com for further details or if you need help booking airport transfers.
Apply for the BBS summer programme
Please complete the application form.
The deadline for applications is Monday 29 April 2019.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.