UWE Bristol - Thailand
At UWE Bristol we are proud of our international reputation. With a thriving international community of students from over 140 countries worldwide, we are the perfect UK university to study at.
Entry requirements - Thailand
The experienced UWE Bristol International team will be happy to give you advice on the suitability of your qualifications for your chosen programme of study.
Qualifications listed under each heading may satisfy UWE Bristol entry requirements to that level of study. This is not a guarantee of an offer of a place, which is at the University’s discretion.
All students must also have a recognised English language qualification.
Entry onto foundation programmes
If you do not meet the requirements for our undergraduate Bachelor degree programmes, you may be considered for a Foundation Degree.
Holders of Maw 6 will be considered for entry onto a UWE Bristol Art and Design foundation.
For other courses, students have the option to undertake an International Foundation or International Year One programme at our International College. Upon successful completion, these programmes offer guaranteed entry onto a UWE Bristol Bachelor degree programme.
Entry onto undergraduate programmes
If you have achieved one of the following, we will be able to consider you for entry onto an undergraduate programme:
- Maw 6 in addition to completing a suitable foundation programme
- Completion of the first year of a Thailand university degree
- If you have studied A-Levels or International Baccalaureate, information on entry requirements can be found on the specific programme webpage
- Holders of Associate degrees, Higher Diplomas, Diplomas in Vocational Education and Higher Education Certificates (Advanced level) in relevant subjects may be eligible for advanced entry.
The scores listed above are the minimum requirement for entrance to UWE Bristol, competitive programmes require higher scores.
Please note: For final year entry the english requirements are an IELTS 6.5 overall with no components below 5.5 or IELTS 6.0 overall with no more than one component below 5.5.
Entry onto postgraduate programmes
If you have achieved one of the following, we will be able to consider you for a UWE Bristol postgraduate programme:
- Bachelors degree with a GPA of 2.4 out of 4.0 (Those with a GPA of 2.3 may considered where relevant experience can be demonstrated)
- A GPA of 3 out of 4 and at least two years post-graduation work experience is required for entry onto the Bristol MBA programme
- MBA applicants should hold the above qualifications and at least three years post-graduation work experience
- Applicants holding a Masters degree can be considered for entry onto Doctoral (PhD) programmes.
Please note: Where UWE Bristol has an academic agreement in place with an institution, greater flexibility in entry requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate courses may apply as outlined in those agreements.
What to do if you don't meet our entry requirements
If you do not quite meet our entry requirements, our International College offers a range of university preparation courses to teach you all you need to progress to UWE Bristol. We also have a range of Pre-sessional English language courses to get your English skills up to the standard required for entry to UWE Bristol.
We work with a number of education agents across the world
who can support you through the application process.
Find a local office near you.
Please contact our UK based experts listed below:
Country Manager: Thailand and Myanmar
Based in Thailand
International Recruitment Consultant
Based in Thailand