UWE Bristol - Philippines
At UWE Bristol we are proud of our international reputation. With a thriving international community of students from over 140 countries worldwide, we are the perfect UK university to study at.
Entry requirements - Philippines
The experienced UWE Bristol International team will be happy to give you advice on the suitability of your qualifications for your chosen programme of study.
Qualifications listed under each heading may satisfy UWE Bristol entry requirements to that level of study. This is not a guarantee of an offer of a place, which is at the University’s discretion.
All students must also have a recognised English language qualification.
Entry onto foundation programmes
If you have achieved one year of a Bachelors degree from a recognised Philippine institution, your application can be considered for entry onto a foundation degree or an undergraduate degree with foundation year entry.
Entry onto undergraduate programmes
If you have achieved the following, your application can be considered for the first year of a Bachelors degree:
- Two years of a Bachelors degree from a recognised Philippine Institution
- Completion of a two-year associate degree.
Advanced entry onto a Bachelors degree can be possible in some cases with the following:
- Very good grades from three years of a Bachelors degree
- A Graduate Certificate with good grades.
Entry onto postgraduate programmes
If you have achieved the following your application can be considered for a Masters programme:
- A Masters from a Philippine Institution
- In some cases very high grades from a Bachelors degree taken in a centre of excellence or prestigious institution
- Holders of the Philippine Masters will require an additional year of postgraduate study in order to be eligible for PhD study
- In some cases students who have taken a Masters from a centre of Excellence or Prestigious institution will be invited to apply from Masters directly onto PhD.
Please note: Where UWE Bristol has an academic agreement in place with an institution, greater flexibility in entry requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate courses may apply as outlined in those agreements.
What to do if you don't meet our entry requirements
If you do not quite meet our entry requirements, our International College offers a range of university preparation courses to teach you all you need to progress to UWE Bristol. We also have a range of Pre-sessional English language courses to get your English skills up to the standard required for entry to UWE Bristol.