UWE Bristol - Malaysia
At UWE Bristol we are proud of our international reputation. With a thriving international community of students from over 140 countries worldwide, we are the perfect UK university to study at.
Entry requirements - Malaysia
The experienced UWE Bristol International team will be happy to give you advice on the suitability of your qualifications for your chosen programme of study.
Qualifications listed under each heading may satisfy UWE Bristol entry requirements to that level of study. This is not a guarantee of an offer of a place, which is at the University’s discretion.
All students must also have a recognised English language qualification.
Entry onto foundation programmes
If you do not meet the requirements for our undergraduate Bachelor degree programmes, you may be considered for a Foundation Degree.
SPM holders with grades A+ to C will be considered for entry onto a UWE Bristol Art and Design foundation.
For other courses, students have the option to undertake an International Foundation or International Year One programme at our International College. Upon successful completion, these programmes offer guaranteed entry onto a UWE Bristol Bachelor degree programme.
Entry onto undergraduate programmes
Holders of the following qualifications will be considered for entry onto UWE Bristol Bachelors programmes:
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with 5Bs is required for Year 1 entry
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) - 60 per cent in six advanced-level Grade 12 U, U/C or M subjects (including grade 12 U English)
- Australian Pre-University, University of Queensland (IES) - pass in foundation year with Credit of 65-74 per cent
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) pass with 65-70 per cent
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysian (STPM) - with principal passes (grades A-C) in 3 subjects
- Applicants holding Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for advanced entry onto our undergraduate courses.
The scores listed above are the minimum requirement for entrance to UWE Bristol, competitive programmes require higher scores.
Please note: For final year entry the english requirements are an IELTS 6.5 overall with no components below 5.5 or IELTS 6.0 overall with no more than one component below 5.5.
Entry onto postgraduate programmes
Applicants with the following qualifications would be considered for entry to UWE Bristol’s Masters programmes:
- Bachelors degree (GPA of 2.7 or above). Applications may be considered with GPAs of less than 2.7 where relevant experience can be demonstrated
- Holders of a Masters degree will be considered for doctoral (PhD) study.
Please note: Where UWE Bristol has an academic agreement in place with an institution, greater flexibility in entry requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate courses may apply as outlined in those agreements.
What to do if you don't meet our entry requirements
If you do not quite meet our entry requirements, our International College offers a range of university preparation courses to teach you all you need to progress to UWE Bristol. We also have a range of Pre-sessional English language courses to get your English skills up to the standard required for entry to UWE Bristol.
We work with a number of education agents across the world who
can support you through the application process. Find a local office near you.
Please contact our UK based experts listed below:
Level 12B, Unit S-14-03,
Jalan SS15/4G, 47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor D E,
Tel: +603-5613 2699, +603-5613 1689
International Recruitment Manager: Asia Pacific