SQA-HND at Bristol Business School
Top up your SQA-HND at Bristol Business School. We’ll equip you with real-world skills, knowledge and experience to hit the ground running and stand out from the crowd. In addition to being academically rigorous with a strong focus on group collaborative work and academic writing, our courses ensure you graduate ‘work ready’ with the skills to succeed.
As an SQA-HND holder you can choose to top up your qualification to degree level by studying with us at UWE Bristol through our Bristol Business School. All of the courses you can progress on to have excellent graduation rates (data from our 2014/15 cohorts):
- 67% of BA (Hons) Business and Management students achieved a 2:1 or above.
- 64% of BA (Hons) Business Management with Marketing students achieved a 2:1 or above.
- 61% of BA (Hons) Business Management with Accounting and Finance students achieved a 2:1 or above.
- 76% of BA (Hons) Business Management with Human Resource Management students achieved a 2:1 or above.
SQA-HND progression routes
The table below shows the progression route available for five SQA-HNDs:
UWE Bristol course
HND Business with Accounting
HND Business with Human Resources Management
HND Business with Marketing
HND Financial Services
Global Trade and Business
- A pass in the SQA-HND with a B average.
- English language requirements - IELTS 6.0 (each element should be no lower than 6.0) or 6.5 (each element should be no lower than 5.5).
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
- You will need to provide copies of your SQA-HND certificate, transcript, English IELTS certificate and passport including the visa page.
- When we receive your application we will send you details how to access the UWE Bristol Welcome website. This is the applicant portal which allows you to track your application. We use this to send details about accommodation and what you need to do next.
Fees, funding and scholarships
We understand that financing your studies is very important and
we want to prepare you for the costs involved in coming to study in
The fees for the final year of any of these progression courses is £11,750.
Improve your English language skills
Whatever your current level of English, we’re here to help you build your skills and confidence.
In-country English language course
We will be offering an in-country English language course, which will start in 2017. More details will be available nearer the time. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
View all English language support available to you during your time at UWE Bristol.
Student success - Jiahui
Jiahui graduated from the Renmin University HND centre and then progressed to UWE Bristol to study for the final year of a BA(Hons) Business Management with Accounting and Finance course. Jiahui graduated in 2016 with a 2:1.
"I chose UWE Bristol to complete my BA Degree because the university had a strong academic record which would help me develop academically and improve my studying style. I liked their thorough approach and attitude towards life-long learning. Also, the university is located in the South West’s largest city with lovely architecture and lots of historical sites." - Jiahui - BA(Hons) Business Management and Accounting and Finance.