Opportunities in Audio and Music Technology
Hands-on experience is an essential part of your learning at UWE Bristol which is why we encourage you to get out into the real world and put your skills into practice.
All students get the chance to showcase their work and meet potential employers at the annual Degree Show. Take a look at last year’s entries to see how our students bring their passions and creativity to life.
- Experience the technology behind the scenes on trips to the Albert Hall, BBC Studios Bristol and Dolby Labs.
- Play, perform and learn a range of musical styles including urban, dance and electronic, bands, singers and songwriters and classical, jazz and musical theatre at our celebrated Centre for Music.
- Join the Live Music Society and compete at its annual Battle of the Bands.
- Broadcast with fellow students on Hub Radio.
- Find a rewarding placement through our industry connections. Past students have worked in acoustics, recording and post-production for the BBC, Dolby Labs, The London Symphony Orchestra and Acoustic Design.
- Our students have composed music for BBC wildlife programmes, created podcasts for the Natural History Museum, and produced audio for festivals, radio, and local industry partners.