Opportunities in Philosophy and Politics
We're big believers in bringing Politics and Philosophy to life outside of the classroom. As a student at UWE Bristol you'll have plenty of opportunities to put your ideas to the test through events and activities locally and further afield.
- Participate in our regular research events where you can debate contemporary issues and strengthen your communications skills. Hear from regular visiting speakers on current political and philosophical topics.
- Take advantage of a diverse range of work-based learning opportunities, including work placements, opportunities to teach philosophy in schools, organise conferences and volunteer with our industry contacts.
- Every year, Philosophy students have the opportunity attend a week-long summer school on Phenomenology. Hosted by Ca’ Foscari University in Venice, the Summer School for Phenomenology and Phenomenological Philosophy (SSPPP) is attended by students and researchers from all over the world.
- Our Politics and Philosophy students have undertaken placements with organisations such as Bristol Fair Trade Network, The Big Issue and Bristol Refugee Rights. Or you could follow in the footsteps of our students who've taken a year abroad – from teaching in La Paz or Nepal, to studying in Mexico.
- Join our thriving, student-run Philosophy and Politics societies and broaden your academic experience through discussions with guest speakers, reading groups and social events. Test your debating skills at the Politics Society’s twice-yearly model United Nations simulation.
- Thanks to our diverse local networks, we’re able to join forces on some genuinely inspiring and innovative projects, such as our partnership with the Watershed on their Conversations about Cinema series.