Nursing and Midwifery
Study one of our nursing and midwifery courses and we’ll give you the practical experience and expert knowledge to make a positive difference to people’s lives, whatever stage of your healthcare career.See our courses
99% of graduates in work or further study six months after graduation according to the HESA survey published in June 2018.
94% student satisfaction rate for BSc(Hons) Midwifery in the latest National Student Survey, published in July 2019.
Best university in the South West for Nursing – Complete University Guide, 2018.
Our long established partnerships with NHS Trusts, social enterprises and voluntary organisations will enable you to apply what you’ve learnt in clinical settings.
You’ll improve your practical skills and your decision-making. You will learn to challenge your thinking to become a caring and competent healthcare professional.
You’ll have access to our multi-million pound state-of-the-art adult, children’s and midwifery simulation suites, replica wards, sensory rooms and consultation rooms. You'll be able to to refine your clinical skills and build your confidence before going out into practice.
“I’ve had some fantastic placements which equipped me for going into practice, as have the academic modules I studied at UWE Bristol. I had my first placement at Bristol Children’s Hospital and was delighted to be able to return there – as a newly qualified nurse. I couldn’t wait to start work.”
Spotlight on: Mature students at UWE Bristol
Listen to some of our mature students tell their inspirational stories about why they’re training to become healthcare professionals.
Hear from students about what its like to study healthcare and what inspires them:
- The powerful impact of Mental Health Nursing
- 'Why I'm proud to be a midwife'
- What is it like to study Adult Nursing?
- Becca explains why she loved studying to be a Learning Disability Nurse
- What is it like to study Nursing and Midwifery?
- Take a tour of the Princess Campbell Children’s simulation suite
- Studying at Glenside Campus.
Watch our 'top tips for applying for a healthcare course' video for advice on writing a healthcare personal statement.
Undergraduate Nursing and Midwifery courses (2020/21 entry)
You can also view our Clearing courses for 2019.
- BSc(Hons) Health and Social Care
- FdSc Health and Social Care Practice
- Foundation Programme Health Professions
- BSc(Hons) Midwifery
- BSc(Hons) Nursing (Adult Nursing)
- BSc(Hons) Nursing (Children's)
- BSc(Hons) Nursing (Learning Disabilities)
- BSc(Hons) Nursing (Mental Health)
- BSc(Hons) Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing)
- BSc Specialist Practice (District Nursing)
Postgraduate Nursing and Midwifery courses (2020/21 entry)
You can also view our non-September start date courses for 2019/20 entry.