Practical experience in Journalism, Media and PR
Enhance your skills and develop professional networks through exciting placements, live projects and a final year showcase of your work.
Hands-on learning in a real-world setting is one of the best ways to enhance your future career prospects. We support and encourage work placements, internships and volunteering opportunities, and have the industry links to make them happen.
Watch our film to see what our students get up to:
To succeed in today’s fast-paced media environment, you will need solid experience and an extensive toolkit of skills. We provide a wide variety of opportunities for you to get out into the field where you can develop and learn:
- Placements at BBC Radio Gloucester, BBC Radio Somerset, the Bristol Evening post and Films@59.
- News days, reporting, make films for clients and production meetings.
- Field trips to Westminster and visits to newspaper, magazine and press and PR companies.
Stories in action
- Take a look at some recent journalism projects on the Headlines and Deadlines online showcase.
- Read about last year’s Degree Show and browse students’ best work.
- Learn how journalism students took part in a global link up.
- Discover how film and journalism students are working with professional sports clubs.
- See how Bower Ashton Campus celebrated Charles Parker Radio Day.