The world needs scientists who understand life in all its forms. At UWE Bristol you’ll explore a rich variety of natural habitats in the UK and beyond. Put theories to the test through investigations in the field and in our well-equipped labs, and take on valuable work experience with our partners.See our courses
Ranked 8th in the UK for Earth and Marine Sciences courses in The Guardian university league tables 2020.
100% student satisfaction rate for BSc(Hons) Environmental Science (SW) in the latest National Student Survey, published in July 2019.
Professional standard laboratories We've invested millions of pounds in the redevelopment of our labs.
"This degree changed my entire perspective on life. It helped me see the bigger picture. It's as if I used to look at the world through a keyhole and now I've opened the door."
Environmental Science UWE Bristol video
These three Environmental Science students had the experience of a lifetime when they took part in a fieldtrip to study the ecology of a tropical island near Cuba. Hear more about what it was like to try out field skills in real life, and encounter endangered species in the wild.
Foundation Environmental Science courses (2019/20 entry)
- BSc(Hons) Biological Sciences (with Foundation Year)
- MSci Biological Sciences (with Foundation Year)
- BSc(Hons) Environmental Science (with Foundation Year)
- MSci Environmental Science (with Foundation Year)
- BSc(Hons) Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Science (with Foundation Year)
- MSci Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Science (with Foundation Year)
Undergraduate Environmental Science courses (2019/20 entry)
- BSc(Hons) Biological Sciences
- MSci Biological Sciences
- MSci Environmental Health and Practice
- BSc(Hons) Environmental Science
- MSci Environmental Science
- FdSc Integrated Wildlife Conservation
- BSc(Hons) Public and Environmental Health
- FdSc Public and Environmental Health
- BSc(Hons) Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Science
- MSci Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Science
Postgraduate Environmental Science courses (2019/20 entry)
- MSc/PGDip/PGCert Advanced Wildlife Conservation in Practice
- MRes Applied Sciences
- Postgraduate Diploma Applied Science Communication
- MSc/PGDip Environmental Health
- MSc/PGDip/PGCert Environmental Health (Distance Learning)
- PGCert Practical Science Communication
- MSc/PGDip/PGCert Public Health
- MSc/PGDip Science Communication
- MSc Environmental Health Professional Practice