Facilities in Engineering
Study and develop professional engineering skills using our outstanding facilities.
- New state-of-the-art engineering building with teaching and research facilities such as engine test cells, wind tunnels and dedicated learning spaces. We are planning for the building to be open to students during summer 2020.
- Create and test structures or concepts in our manufacturing workshops, wind tunnels and robotics laboratories.
- Experience virtual flight and test your engineering models in a sophisticated flight simulator.
- Develop prototypes using robotic assembly cells, power distribution systems and motor drives, as well as subsonic and supersonic wind tunnels.
- Make circuit boards, leads and connectors in fabrication facilities with electronic test equipment, monitors and scopes.
- Study control systems and telecommunications in specialist labs.
- Test designs on our state-of-the-art driving simulator that utilises a Formula 1 monocoque and a wrap-around screen. This can be programmed to test concepts on any car type and test-drive these on a range of terrains.
- Test fuelling and ignition systems on our dedicated motorcycle rolling road.
- Study in large well-equipped computing laboratories, computer rooms and computer-aided design (CAD) suites.