Courses available through Clearing will be published during the first week of July. Remember, you don't have to wait until A-level results day to start enquiring about a course. And if you've not yet made a UCAS application for 2019 entry, or have applied but not used all of your five choices, you might be eligible to apply now via UCAS.
If you have any questions, please call us on +44(0) 117 32 83333.
What is Clearing?
Clearing matches applicants to university places that are yet to be filled.
You’ll be eligible for Clearing in 2019 if you:
- haven’t met the conditions of your offer from universities or colleges you’ve applied to;
- didn’t receive any offers (or none that you wish to accept);
- have applied after 30 June 2019.
From 5 July to 23 October, you can apply for a course using Clearing if you're not already holding an offer from a university or college, and the course still has places.
- Early July - our Clearing courses are published
- Friday 5 July - Clearing opens for those who hold no offers
- Thursday 15 August - A-level results day - if you had conditional offers but your exam results didn't go to plan, or you'd like to explore other options, you can use Clearing from results day
- Friday 16 and Monday 19 August - Our Clearing Open Days take place, giving you the opportunity to visit our campuses and speak to our staff
For further information on Clearing, please visit the UCAS website.
Clearing advice and support
Clearing and adjustment advice Read our simple, stress-free guide for information about preparing for Clearing, speaking to our Admissions Team, and accepting an offer to study with us.
Clearing Open Days If you’ve been offered a place through Clearing, you’ll be invited to attend a Clearing Open Day where you can talk to course tutors, take a campus tour and learn more about our courses.
Accommodation support Information about accommodation options if you've applied to UWE Bristol through Clearing or as a late applicant.
Reasons to study with us
Fantastic facilities Financial trading rooms, multi-media studios, nursing simulation suites, extensive libraries, virtual learning tools, robotics labs, Health Centre, Centre for Sport: it's all here for you.
Support networks From our Disability Service and wellbeing support, to Academic Personal Tutors and Student Support Advisers, you'll find everything you need.
Be work ready Everything we do starts and finishes with making you work ready. As a graduate you'll be adaptable, enterprising and ready for your future career.
Unbeatable Bristol Bristol is a vibrant, creative, diverse and welcoming city. A thriving hub of social and cultural activity, Bristol is consistently named as one of the best cities to live, work and study in the UK.
“I was scared when I didn’t get my original choice as I had no idea about Clearing, but the staff at UWE Bristol really helped me through the application process. UWE Bristol is a great university. I loved the lectures, the practicals and the labs and I also enjoyed student life there. Bristol is also one of the best cities to live in.”