Aerial shot of Bristol

Clearing 2019

We will be publishing details about Clearing 2019 and course vacancies at UWE Bristol in July 2019.

In the meanwhile, please view our undergraduate courses for up-to-date information on current vacancies at UWE Bristol for 2019/20.

Please contact the University on +44 (0)117 32 83333 if you have any questions.

What is Clearing?

Clearing matches applicants to university places that are yet to be filled.

You’ll be eligible for Clearing in 2019 if you:

  • haven’t met the conditions of your offer from universities or colleges you’ve applied to;
  • didn’t receive any offers (or none that you wish to accept);
  • have applied after 30 June 2019.

When does Clearing open?

  • For those who already have exam results or hold no offers Clearing opens on Thursday 5 July 2019.
  • If you had conditional offers but your exam results didn't go to plan, you can use Clearing from results day on Thursday 15 August 2019.

Once Clearing opens, you'll be able to call our Admissions Team on +44 (0)117 32 83333 to discuss your options.

For further information on Clearing, please visit the UCAS website.

What is Adjustment?

Adjustment is a chance for you to reconsider where and what to study. You’re eligible for Adjustment if you’ve met and exceeded the conditions of your firm offer.

Adjustment is optional so you can look at alternative courses that interest you. If you go through Adjustment, and don’t find a suitable alternative course, the unconditional firm offer you received on A-Level results day will still stand.

There is no course vacancy list for Adjustment so you'll need to contact universities directly and tell them you want to apply via Adjustment. Be sure to confirm at this stage that you're only gathering information about course vacancies: only verbally agree an offer if you’re absolutely sure you want it.

Adjustment is available from Thursday 15 August 2019 (A-Level results day) until Saturday 31 August 2019 and is optional.

For further information on Adjustment, please visit the UCAS website.

Back to top